I'm a lead UX/product designer with over 14 years experience in the industry. I love making beautiful products that are lovely to use.
I enjoy using a variety of tools to solve the problem at hand, my current favourites are Sketch, Invision and hand-coding HTML and SCSS in Codepen, although I'm always looking to learn anything new.
I'm skilled and experienced in every phase of the design process, from planning and UX to CSS/HTML. Eligable to work in the US and the UK.
Freelance UX Designer
May 2016 - current
- Designed and built a new homepage for sharesies.nz with the goal to increase sign-ups for users new to the stock market.
- UX lead designer for Amber, fashion loyalty app for Middle East based customers.
UX app and web design for start-up breaking into US travel equipment rental market
Co-Founder, Design Director
March 2015 - April 2016
- Designed and developed a web app for front-end designers to be able make css style iterations of any website.
- UX design for entire tool, from onboarding users to set up their account and project, to the main project environment that allowed users to make CSS/SCSS changes, inspect code, commit and push
- After gaining 800 sign-ups in a month from just the marketing site alone, we had to put this on hold due to personal & financial reasons which meant we weren't able to work on this anymore for now
Senior UX/Interaction Designer (freelance)
April 2015 - August 2015
- Concept and design of a new Fit Guide for Levi's and Dockers to improve discoverability of styles and increased sales. I used Sketch, Invision and made HTML/SCSS prototypes in Codepen
- UX/Wireframing for improvements to the checkout to enable customers to have their credit card details saved for a one-click checkout using Sketch & Invision
- UX design of key templates of the ecommerce site, including Category, Sub-Category and Product Pages. I used Sketch, Invision and made HTML/SCSS prototypes in Codepen
- Working largely on my own with one visual designer for some of the projects.
- Working closely with the client, leading many of the client meetings and attending meetings on my own with them.
July 2011 – November 2014
- Responsible for design and branding of most editorial sites under the Conde Nast UK brand. These include wired.co.uk, vogue.co.uk, gqmagazine.co.uk, glamourmagazine.co.uk, cntraveller.com, houseandgarden.co.uk, bridesmagazine.co.uk.
- Responsible for design and branding of magazine apps including Glamour & Vogue.
- Responsible for a team of 4 other designers, from junior to senior. I was responsible for directing them in design and UX as well as their training and development as designers.
- Liaising directly with all Executive Editors of the digital brands as well as the Editors and Art Directors of the magazines
Senior Designer (freelance)
October 2009 – July 2011 (1 year 10 months)
- Senior designer for the redesign of gqmagazine.co.uk and glamourmagazine.co.uk
Senior Designer (freelance)
January 2009 – September 2009 (9 months)
- Senior designer for Waitrose.com, online shopping and delivery
October 2007 – November 2008 (1 year 2 months)
- I was the company's main visual designer across all web-based clients
- Work included a redesign for Leeds University and Divine Chocolate
October 2006 – August 2007 (11 months)
- Focused solely on Astra Zeneca account.
- Project one became a full site redesign of all global product websites.
- Project two was a full intranet redesign, creation of accessible CSS and XTHML templates.
- I was the only representative of the company at key client meetings in Sweden.
Shift Ltd, New Zealand
July 2003 – May 2006 (2 years 11 months)
- Responsible for web design under the organisation’s user-centred design philosophy.
- Designed and built the front-end for a listings database.
- Assisted in creative concept development, business analysis and project costing
- Key clients were Enterprise Northland, Gold Coast Tourism, NZ Ministry for Culture and Heritage
- Teara.govt.nz won ‘Best Award for Interactive Media and Web Design’ 2005